Ardent at Home, a locally owned personal assistance service, offers compassionate, quality care, allowing you to remain safe and independent in your home or community.
- HOME CARE PROVIDED TO PATIENTS 24/7- shifts available from 6 to 24 hours
- CERTIFIED CAREGIVERS- from companions to certified nursing assistants to nurses, offering a full array of services
- NURSING CARE- including wound care, blood sugar testing, insulin administration, tube feedings, Foley catheter care, medication management and more.
- INDIVIDUALIZED CARE PLANS DEVELOPED UNIQUE TO EACH PATIENT allows for flexibility to add or discontinue services as the patient’s condition changes.
- NO CONTRACTS REQUIRED
- FREE INITIAL IN-HOME CONSULTATION
- EXTENSIVE BACKGROUND SCREENINGS ON ALL EMPLOYEES
- ONGOING TRAINING AND EDUCATION PROVIDED TO STAFF
As seniors age, many find themselves in need of assistance with their daily activities. With companion care and personal care services, seniors can continue living independently while receiving the support they need to remain safe and healthy. Whether it’s a few hours each week or round-the-clock supervision, these specialized senior care services provide an invaluable source of comfort and safety for elderly individuals.
What Is Companion Care?
Companion care is a type of senior care that helps seniors live life on their own terms. It provides assistance and support to improve the quality of life, while allowing them to maintain independence and dignity.
A companion caregiver can provide social interaction, emotional companionship, help with activities grocery shopping or errands, light housekeeping tasks, and transportation for medical visits or appointments.
Personalized plans are created based on each individual’s needs so they receive tailored care from an experienced professional who understands their unique situation.
How Does Personal Care Help With Hygiene?
Personal care at home is essential for maintaining the health and well-being of seniors. With personal care, seniors can receive assistance with personal hygiene tasks such as:
This helps them to remain independent while still receiving the help they need in order to stay clean and healthy.
Hygiene is an important part of daily life, but it’s especially necessary for those who are elderly or disabled. Poor hygiene increases the risk of infection, which is why having a companion providing support with basic self-care tasks is so important.
- Personal care also ensures that clothing remains clean, nails are properly trimmed and teeth get brushed on a regular basis. These activities may seem simple enough, but if not done regularly, can lead to serious complications down the road.
- Seniors benefit from having someone accompany them during their hygiene routine because it gives them peace of mind knowing there’s someone nearby should something go wrong.
- Keeping up with personal hygiene guarantees that seniors live happier and healthier lives in the comfort of their own homes for longer periods of time.
Providing Top Companion and Personal Care at Home in Dallas, Plano, Lewisville, Frisco, Flower Mound, Denton, Coppell, Carrollton, McKinney and surrounding areas.
How Does In-Home Companionship Help With Mental Health?
When the loneliness and depression of old age start to set in, having a companion around can be like a breath of fresh air. In-home companionship is an invaluable asset for seniors who are struggling with mental health issues such as depression and anxiety.
While there is no one-size-fits-all solution to these problems, companionship can provide much-needed emotional support and engagement in activities that bring joy and fulfillment.
- In-home companion care provides seniors with meaningful interactions on a daily basis, which helps keep their minds active and engaged.
- Through conversations, hobbies, physical activity or even just helping out around the house, seniors gain valuable social opportunities they may not have had otherwise.
- With personalized attention from a qualified companion care provider, older adults can achieve better mental well-being while still enjoying independence at home.
- In addition to providing stimulating conversation and company, in-home personal care also offers basic assistance with everyday tasks such as grocery shopping, meal prep, and transportation needs.
- This allows seniors to remain safe within their homes without sacrificing their quality of life due to lack of mobility or acute medical conditions.
The extra help provided by companion care ensures seniors receive proper nutrition, adequate exercise, and access to resources for healthy aging – all important factors for maintaining good mental health.
Ultimately, in-home companionship serves both practical purposes – making sure elderly individuals stay safe and independent – as well as emotional ones – providing comfort during times of need.
Seniors benefit greatly when tailored services are available to meet their specific needs; this ultimately leads them down the path towards improved mental health through increased connection and meaningful engagement with others.
Our leadership, mission, values and vision have allowed us to shine above the rest. Find out more about Ardent at Home.
How To Choose An Excellent Non-Medical Home Care Agency?
When it comes to selecting a non-medical home care agency for seniors, there are many things to consider. It’s important to do your research and find an agency like Ardent at Home that is best suited to meet the needs of your loved one.
- The first step in finding an excellent agency is to ask yourself what kind of care the senior requires. Is it just companionship or more comprehensive personal care? Knowing exactly what type of assistance is needed will help you narrow down potential agencies.
- The second step is to determine if the agency offers quality services at reasonable prices. Ask about their experience working with seniors, any certifications they hold, and how long they have been providing this type of service.
- Also, inquire about their policies regarding staff background checks and hiring procedures – these are essential safety measures!
- Finally, make sure you understand all costs associated with their services so that you can decide if they’re affordable for your family.
Choosing a reliable non-medical home care agency for your elderly loved one should not be taken lightly. Ensure that you take time to thoroughly investigate each option before making a decision and always remember that quality should come before price when considering care options.
We strive to provide the highest quality of care at an affordable cost. Reach out to us today to get started.
How Does Non-Medical Home Care Help Family Caregivers With Respite?
Providing non-medical home care for seniors is a great way to help family caregivers with respite. Non-medical home care gives family members the chance to take time away from their caretaking responsibilities and provides peace of mind that their loved one will be taken care of. This form of senior care can assist with activities of daily living such as:
- Meal preparation
- Grooming & hygiene needs
- Light housekeeping tasks
- Companionship & conversation
Family caregivers are often hesitant to rely on outside assistance but enlisting a professional caregiver can provide an invaluable level of support when it comes to caring for an elderly relative.
Homecare providers can offer ongoing or short-term services depending on your individual needs, allowing you to rest easy knowing that your loved one’s well-being is in good hands.
Furthermore, having a supportive companion who understands the importance of maintaining social connections allows seniors to remain active while engaging in meaningful conversations and enjoyable activities. It’s also beneficial for seniors who may struggle with mobility issues and need extra help around the house.
Non-medical home care offers families the gift of freedom by providing much-needed breaks from their demanding roles as primary caregivers so they can focus on themselves without feeling guilty about wanting some time away. Ultimately, this type of senior care ensures that both family members and seniors receive quality attention and support during times when it’s most necessary.
How to Help Seniors Understand the Value of In-Home Care
In-home care for seniors can provide many benefits, and it’s important that they understand these advantages. To help them make an informed decision about their care options, there are several steps you can take.
Start by listening to the senior’s needs and desires. Ask questions to get a better understanding of what kind of support they need from home care services. This will allow you to create a plan tailored specifically to meet their individual needs.
- When discussing in-home care with a senior, emphasize how having extra help around the house can give them more freedom.
- Explain that this type of assistance allows them to stay independent longer since they don’t have to worry as much about tasks such as bathing or dressing.
- Additionally, remind them that in-home caregivers also offer companionship so they don’t feel isolated or lonely during times when family members aren’t available.
- Explain how in-home care is a cost-effective solution compared to facilities like nursing homes or assisted living centers. Showing seniors that bringing someone into their own home offers convenience and affordability may encourage them to consider this option further.
By taking the time to listen attentively and discuss the various benefits of in-home care for seniors, you’ll be helping them make an educated decision on whether this service could make a positive difference in their life.